I have no idea if this helps or not.

I was able to connect, via ssh, to a desktop computer. The CMOS battery
was removed from the desktop computer and replaced after a minute. Then, I
could not connect with ssh, as the desktop generated a new key. Once that
key was imported, into the computer I was using, I could connect again.

I found this, which is Ubuntu. May not be relevant.

But, the above link and my experience with Linux has me wondering if
something similar happened to your system. Did some component get replaced
or have power removed for an extended period of time? Thus remote sites
now no longer have valid public keys to your system?

Wild guess.

John McKee