Thanks, Scott and everyone.

I didn't think it was possible, but thought it was worth asking the pros.

I know what you mean about the NEP processing an open file, Scott. I had a
program that read orders pushed from our retail stores. Worked fine - until
my NEP kicked in while the store was downloading its details so I got half
of the order! Not that it matters for this thread, but that was all in a
QSYS library.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other
way. -Mark Twain