Re: Trigger on IFS Folder?

fixed

Jerry,

You could try journalling. There are some APIs that can be used. Carsten Flensburg wrote some utilities some years ago.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler

On 12-2-2014 23:18, Jerry C. Adams wrote:
This is just a matter of curiosity. I have applied triggers to database
files, but I was wondering if it was possible to apply a trigger to a
non-QSYS folder in the IFS? That is, possible application, which I'm
thinking about, is if a file is dropped into \FolderJA could I have a
trigger program that would automatically be invoked to process files in the
folder?

In the past I just had a NEP that checked every, oh, 15-60 minutes to see if
there was anything there.

Thanks.

Jerry C. Adams

IBM i Programmer/Analyst

You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.