From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:26 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Trigger on IFS Folder?

On 2/12/14 2:18 PM, Jerry C. Adams wrote:
This is just a matter of curiosity. I have applied triggers to database
files, but I was wondering if it was possible to apply a trigger to a
non-QSYS folder in the IFS? That is, possible application, which I'm
thinking about, is if a file is dropped into \FolderJA could I have a
trigger program that would automatically be invoked to process files in the

I've never heard of such a thing, and I agree that it would be very
useful. If there is, and nobody's told me about it, I'd sure like to
know about it as well.