Re: I'm sure I've asked this before, but when establishing a JDBC connection to localhost . . . .

fixed

Hmmm... not sure why you'd use JDBC for local database access...

But, it's the driver that controls this, not JDBCR4. If you have a JDBC driver that is capable of using the local credentials, it should be possible to make it work with JDBC_ConnProp().

The driver that I've used with DB2 for i, however, is designed for network use, so it always makes a TCP connection to the database server (if you use localhost, it doesn't get sent out over ethernet, but it's still a network connection) and therefore requires your userid/password in order to know who you are.