determine needed disk arms when replacing old disks

fixed

How does one determine the number of disk arms needed when replacing old disks in a new system config (720), and existing disks are of various sizes?
We currently have 42 disks, and they vary from 4327's (52Gb, 61Gb, 70Gb) and 4328's (105Gb and 141Gb).
We need to double current 3.2Tb (2 partition - 705Gb and 2.5Tb)
I would think we don't need 42 new SAS drives.
Jim Franz