Indeed the "hooks" comes from a tape-exit feature that is enabled as an effect of the MSE option being installed. The OS *CMD objects [e.g. SAV, SAVOBJ, SAVLIB, SAVDLO] and the save APIs are not modified by any IBM LPP install; neither when BRMS is installed (RSTLICPGM) nor when the BRMS LPP is deleted (DLTLICPGM).

Regards, Chuck