SQL question

fixed

I have a file with a catalog# in it. I want to view/print a list of the
lengths of the data within the field. I want one record per length.

The catalog# is defined as 20 characters, I was able to use
CHAR_LENGTH(STRIP(CAT#)) to see the lengths.

How can I make SQL give me one result like this:

Length count

20 1500

19 5000

18 10000

17 20000

Etc.

I tried this but I get an error, Column list required

create table wrk/counter as

(select cat#, CHAR_LENGTH(STRIP(CAT#)) from FILE

where cat# <> ' ') with data

Thanks,

Jack