SAVSYS without a tape drive

fixed

Hi Folks, you gave mesome info/advice on saving to IMGCLG and it's running well although when newvolumes are created it take several hours. Now though, I've been told to switch to virtual tape and I'm wondering what you folks think aboutvirtual tape? I know it's better for performance but IBM support told me "ASAVSYS is one of the main items I would NOT recommend to save to virtualoptical or virtual tape for emergency purposes". Do you folks agreeor not? Can the virt tape of a SAVSYS be used in an emergency? What are the options to use when not using tape drives and what do you recommend and why?

Thanks, Frank