And I just saw in my google for batteryinfo, a program that you might have -

CALL PGM(QSYS/QSMBTTCC)

It's supposed to create a report and/or display of this information.

On 2/4/2014 10:41 AM, Vernon Hamberg wrote:
Hi Joe

If you are on V5R3 or later, you can go into SST and check the condition
of the cache battery. Here are some details -

After you sign in to SST, you can check the status of all cache
batteries on your machine by selecting option 1 (/Start a Service Tool/)
followed by option 7 (/Hardware Service Manager/), and option 9 (/Work
with resources containing cache battery packs/). The /Work with
resources containing battery packs/ screen displays all the resources
that contain a battery pack. If you take an option 5 (/Display battery
information/) for any of the battery packs, you will see a screen that
looks something like this.

Battery Information
Resource name . . . . . . . . . . . : DC01
Serial number . . . . . . . . . . . : xx-xxxxxxx
Type-model . . . . . . . . . . . . : 2780-001
Frame ID . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 3C01
Card position . . . . . . . . . . . : C02
Battery type . . . . . . . . . . . : Lithium Ion (LiIon)
Battery state . . . . . . . . . . . : Warning condition
Power-on time (days) . . . . . . . : 806
Adjusted power-on time (days) . . . : 945
Estimated time to warning (days) . : 0
Estimated time to error (days) . . : 75

There was another procedure in earlier versions of the OS.

1. Start SST (STRSST) and sign in.
2. Select option 1 "Start a service tool"
3. Select option 4 "Display/alter/dump"
4. Select option 1 "Display/alter storage"
5. Select option 2 "Licensed internal code (LIC) data"
6. Select option 14 "Advanced analysis"
7. On the "Select Advanced Analysis" panel type option 1 next to
BATTERYINFO, then press Enter.
8. On the command option line for BATTERYINFO, type *-INFO --ALL* then
press Enter.

Enjoy!
Vern