SQL Merge vs. CPYF MBROPT(*UPDADD)

fixed

I'm glad that DB2 for i finally got the SQL MERGER statement...

And I see that it offers lot's of functionality...

However, for a basic merge ie.
MERGE INTO archive ar
USING (SELECT activity, description FROM activities) ac
ON (ar.activity = ac.activity)
WHEN MATCHED THEN
UPDATE SET description = ac.description
WHEN NOT MATCHED THEN
INSERT (activity, description) VALUES(ac.activity, ac.description)

I don't really see any benefits over CPYF MBROPT(*UPDADD) FMT(*MAPDROP).
Other than perhaps the ability to use commitment control with merge.

Am I missing anything?

Charles