Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a v5r4 system that has a symbolic link to a remote system:

Object link Type

Content of Link . . . : /QNTC/OP-2003-SQL1/Galt2008

There are several files in that folder that I want to concatenate, so from an OS400 command line, I started QSH and entered:

cat asp_445.csv asp_445_canada.csv asp_445_no.csv > asp_445_all.csv

It sat there forever, so I canceled it and looked at the joblog, where I see that I got a CPDB050 with error code 3447, indicating a timeout waiting for the remote host to respond.

When I do a wrklnk '/g', I immediately see the folder and can look at all the files within it. So what's the deal? wrklnk uses a different method of accessing /g than qsh? If so, what can I do about it?

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
petercdow@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:petercdow@xxxxxxxxx>