Hello,

We do not use Mimix but will implement it this year.

In short, Mimix is a software that replicate an Iseries objects to a disaster recovery machine.

Typically, it will monitor journal for change and replicate them on the other machine.

What your are showing makes me think that mimix run a validation process to make sure that the object on the remote machine is equal to the one on the production machine (we currently use the Vision software that does the same thing).

Looks like it has some problem with the type of objects you are reffering to.

Hope this help

Denis Robitaille
Chef de service TI
Cascades Centre des technologies,
une division de Cascades Canada ULC

412 Marie Victorin
Kingsey falls(Québec) Canada J0A 1B0
T : 819 363 6130

Pour toute information sur les événements techniques, veuillez consulter notre calendrier Groupwise CAS_CALENDRIER_TI
"James H. H. Lampert" <jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2014-01-30 13:38 >>>
We have a situation at a customer, with an SQL View that's part of our
Wintouch product, and Mimix.

I know I've heard of Mimix, but I can't remember what it is, or what it
does.

All I know about the problem is what they're telling us:

This is the file that gives mimix heartburn every night. I can delete
it on “B” and push a fresh copy down and the audit runs clean. The
next day the same thing. I just can’t figure out why………

and a screen shot of "Work with Audited Objects," showing (the names
have been changed to protect the innocent):

Audited Object
Opt Status Type Name
_ *NE *FILE WTFOOBAR/WTACTSV2U
_ *EQ *FILE WTFOOBAR/WTACTCV1
_ *EQ *FILE WTFOOBAR/WTACTSV1
_ *EQ *FILE WTFOOBAR/WTACTSV2C
_ *EQ *FILE WTFOOBAR/WTADDRV1
and so forth.

and it's WTACTSV2U and its *NE status that they're referring to.

All of the files listed on the screenshot are SQL Views of DDS PFs.
WTACTSV2U in particular is a UNION ALL of three slightly different
joins, tying scheduled activities to their accounts and/or contacts, and
WTACTSV2C is a very simple view (I don't even remember why it's
necessary) that's defined as "SELECT * FROM WTACTSV2U."

If I understood what MIMIX does, and what the "Work with Audited
Objects" is trying to tell us, I'd know what to tell the customer.

--
JHHL