From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:20 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Cryptic request (in every sense)

Turns out that it has (so far) nothing to do with ssh tunneling, and was
all about giving us access (they specifically mentioned via PuTTY) to a
"non-IBM" server that one of our Tomcat contexts will be running on, so
we can upgrade it to Tomcat 7 (and presumably either preserve or
reinstall our context).

Though I don't think I'm going to rule out ssh tunneling in the future,
on this installation.

What I know about ssh, and 25 cents, might buy you a cup of coffee. What
I know about PuTTY and 75 cents, might buy you that same cup of coffee.