I don't know if I missed any posts on this thread so I will provide some
input and if it has already been covered, then just ignore :)

IBM suggested method for going to PowerHA is to first backup your system
and take that tape to Rochester for 1 week. You and the Lab Services people
will restore your system to one of IBM's. They will then go through the
steps to implement PowerHA including testing your applications to make sure
they will running correctly in an iASP. This process goes a long way to
getting PowerHA up and running as it should be.

Another prep step is to collect data in regards to bandwidth needs. If you
are currently using a logical Replication solution like iTera, Mimix etc
you will probably use/need more bandwidth with PowerHA. Remember any/every
block of data in the iASP will be sent to the target system/iASP

Depending on your current disk usage you may need to purchase additional
disk space to get you from just SYSBAS ( ASP1 ) to the addition iASP.

I want to remember something about V6R1 vs V7R1 and PowerHA, but can't
right now. Maybe your really need 7.1 for this to work the best or at all,,,