From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Branston DiBrell
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 4:48 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How come I can't use a single OVRPRTF?

I'm having a problem getting OVRPRTF to work in the following instance:

Code excerpt:

CHGVAR VAR(&CMDSTR) VALUE('OVRPRTF' *BCAT &PS)

CALL PGM(QCMDEXC) PARM(&CMDSTR &CMDLEN)

MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)

EXCSQLSTM SQLSTM('Select * from DFLADIFF') OUTPUT(*PRINT)

Value of &PS: FILE(QPQXPRTF) TOFILE(PRTLSTK) DEV(WRKPRT3) MULTIUP(1)
DUPLEX(*YES) OUTQ(WRKPRT3) COPIES(1) PAGERANGE(1 *END) HOLD(*YES)
SAVE(*YES)
DRAWER(2) FORMTYPE('test form')

Also, the EXCSQLSTM command uses STRQMQRY to run the SQL statement.

What happens is, my output doesn't get put on hold and doesn't get
saved.
Is does get printed on the WRKPRT3 printer (which is how the PRTLSTK
prtf is
defined). I tried adding OVRSCOPE(*JOB) to the OVRPRTF command - that
didn't work. I also tried running each command interactively from the
command line - that didn't work either.

What DID work is when I separated the OVRPRTF command into two OVRPRTF
commands:

ovrprtf FILE(QPQXPRTF) TOFILE(PRTLSTK)

ovrprtf FILE(PRTLSTK) DEV(WRKPRT3) MULTIUP(1) DUPLEX(*YES) OUTQ(WRKPRT3)
COPIES(1) PAGERANGE(1 *END) HOLD(*YES) SAVE(*YES) DRAWER(2)
FORMTYPE('test
form')

My Question is: How come I can't use a single OVRPRTF?

-Branston DiBrell, Jr - b.dibrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Peerless Tires, IT Department, Denver CO - 720-274-0632