Sarah,

Both of them are very easy to use and setup (Arpeggio's software is quite
easy to implement, too).

Some quick points:

Arpeggio's:
* Easy to use and setup.
* Not sure if it can be easily programmed from within a RPG program
(Subprocedures)
* Allows Secure SMTP (Haven't tried/used it)
* Can use different SMTP Servers
* Can use address lists
* Support (Paid)

Bartell's RPGMail
* Written as ILE Subprocedures, so very easy to use from within a RPG
program.
* Can use an IFS file as the message body
* Does not have a CMD interface
* No Support (although Aaron seems to be a really nice chap and, if push
comes to shove, I'm sure he wouldn't deny help). I can help, too :-)

MMAIL
* Can use both, a CMD interface or ILE subprocs (Mostly, we use CMDs in our
CLPs, have some ILE RPG that use the subprocs)
* Can use a source member as the message body (we use this a lot)
* Can use address lists
* Easy to use
* Some support thru the Easy400 forum.

I have been using MMAIL for some years now, so most of my programs are
written with those routines. Nevertheless, when I want to write a "quick
and dirty" ILE RPG program I use Bartell's routines. The following is part
of one of the example programs:

*****
H dftactgrp(*no) thread(*serialize) bnddir('RPGMAIL')

/copy qsource,RPGMailCp
/copy qsource,ErrorCp

D email s o class(*java: RPGMail)
D error ds likeds(Error_Info)
/free

monitor;
RPGMail_init();
on-error;
error = Error_catch();
endmon;

monitor;
email = RPGMail_new();
RPGMail_addAddress(email: 'FROM': 'myname@xxxxxxxxxxxxx': ' ');
RPGMail_addAddress(email: 'TO': 'myname@xxxxxxxxxxxxx': ' ');
RPGMail_setSubject(email: 'iSeries RPGMail Test');
RPGMail_setBodyFile(email: '/home/mytextfile.txt': 'text/plain');
RPGMail_addFileAttachment(
email: '/home/mytextfile.txt': 'My File.txt': 'text/plain');
RPGMail_setSMTPHost(email: 'smtp.mycompany.com');
RPGMail_setSMTPPort(email: '25');
RPGMail_send(email);
on-error;
error = Error_catch();
endmon;

*inlr = *on;

/end-free

****
HTH, Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez