Re: V7R1 - CLP & Drop Down

fixed

Hi Cyndi

What interface are you working in? Green? Browser? ???

You can't do a dropdown as such in a DSPF - well, maybe with a menu bar at the top, but that's not done all that much.

I'm not inclined to do DSPFs in CL - it can be done, but RPG is so much better at it, IMO.

You CAN create a window in a DSPF that has the list in it. The variables you use in the window are available to the underlying program, which just uses it - of course, that's if you EXFMT the window in RPG.

Assuming you use a window and SNDF in CL, then you can get the variable back with the state - this probably involves a READC of a subfile where there's a select option and the state - then you pass the state as a parameter to RPG.

Or are you thinking of a command and a prompt for the values in a parameter? That can be done with a choice program - CHCPGM, I think, is the parameter in the command source.

HTH
Vern