Re: how to GRTOBJAUT when a new file is created in a lib

fixed

On 12/31/2013 11:29 AM, Stone, Joel wrote:
Sally creates a file FILE1 in TESTLIB and forgets to GRTOBJAUT.

What is a simple method of having os400 do a default GRTOBJAUT for
any obj created in TESTLIB?

<vendor>
This isn't so much a 'simple' answer ... but it's reliable.

Use a change control system to move objects around so that authority settings are preserved when an object is moved into a specific library.

PTC Implementer certainly will do this ... but, I suspect, so most of the other major change control products available for IBM i.

Feel free to contact me privately if you would like additional information.

</vendor>

david
(who works for PTC, on the Implementer product, in addition to running these lists)