Vern,

Thanks .... this has gotten me a whole lot closer. There was already one
Vista system working, but it is the one that died. Using the code already
on the system seems to have gotten me a lot closer to my objectives. Most
of the features for iSeries Access are now working.

But, I'm having a problem getting the console to come up (Operations
Console) which is why I needed to get this working in the first place.
The system that died was the OpsConsole. Now when I try to start
OpsConsole from the new system, I'm getting the dreaded "PC service tools
device password and the iSeries service tools device password do not
match" problem. I've tried following the IBM documentation on how to fix
this, but with no luck so far. I don't have a console at the moment and
the instructions seem to want you to do this reset at the console ....
kind of a catch 22 situation. I can get into SST, but the instructions
call for this to be reset using DST and I can't seem to match up the
options.

Sigh.

Rich