Re: SQL bug. Possibly with new database group or PTF for freer RPG.

fixed

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Currently, you have to have spaces [surrounding] the minus
sign in a subtraction in embedded SQL.

I have no doubt that your issue is valid, and I am confident it will
get resolved.

That said, I think it's just good style and good defensive programming
to use the spaces anyway. Personally, I find the surrounding spaces
more readable and attractive.

This is somewhat like the habit of putting a space after each
separating comma. For some folks, it's absolutely necessary (because
the comma can be the decimal point character, depending on locale).
But even for those who don't need to, the space makes it arguably
easier on the human reader and definitely safer to parse.

John