Re: V5R4 to V7R1 new Power 720

fixed

You should have no troubles migrating your data to the new server.
Short answer.. Load lic and base os on the new machine. Then restore your usrprf & config & savlib *nonsys + dlo + ifs on top of that. After all that you preform a v7.1 upgrade on the new server. Apply ptf's and away you go.

I think you should be able to find your scenario in the link below.

Easy-peasy

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Frzamc%2Frzamcscenarios.htm

The other option is to take fully loaded v7.1 system and carefully pick what you want to restore. A little more risky, but doable.

Good luck

--
Bryan