RE: IPL for delayed PTF, shutdown to activate firmware

fixed

Maybe I can't help with all your issues, but we run
STRBKUBRM CTLGRP(DTFULL) SBMJOB(*NO) OMITS(*IGNORE)
at the system console
after we bring the system down into restricted state
We do this on 11 lpars, once a quarter, for our full system save.