Hi All

In a cl program, I am issuing the following command to lock a member in a
file. In case it matters the srctype of the file is TXT.

ALCOBJ OBJ((&LIBRARY/QTXTSRC *FILE *EXCL &PROGNAME)) WAIT(&WAIT)
monmsg(cpf1002)

If the member is all ready locked, the the test fails and we have to
release the lock on the member before continuing. All well and good.

Later I issue
DLCOBJ OBJ((&LIBRARY/QTXTSRC *FILE *EXCL &PROGNAME))
no monmsg after
no errors, nothing in the joblog, but the member remains locked.

Work with Member Locks
System:
File . . . . . : QTXTSRC Type . . . . . : PHY
Library . . : INTQAT ASP device . . : *SYSBAS

Lock
Opt Member Job User Type Lock Status Share
JDCPKKKK QCTLD1 JHORN MBR *SHRRD HELD
DATA *EXCL HELD

The lock is not released until I sign off the workstation. As if I had
not issued the dlcobj command at all.

Any ideas?

Jim