1. YES
2. Likely (I wasn't there)
3. Unknown
4. Unknown

On 12/12/2013 2:11 PM, broehmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Whats not understood is:
1. Did the CE replace the battery pack. (assume yes)
2. Did the battery stay separated from the card for at least 2 minutes.
(?)
3. Does the card require a Start IOA or does it reset itself when
separated for 2 min. (?)
4. Would it hurt do a Start IOA. (This is not something I would want to do
unless I could get IBM to say it would work).

Again, I've only done this a dozen times with no issues so Larry should
know about the specifics (hopefully).

From: Jerry Draper <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/12/2013 03:53 PM
Subject: Re: cache battery expiration

Again then back to my original question.

Is the timer reset when the IOA detects that the battery pack was
removed for 15sec/2min or is the timer reset manually by the CE?

Jerry

PS: Slightly unrelated but......in order for a 720 to "sense" that a
UPS cable has been plugged into the back of the machine all AC power
must be removed from the machine fro at least three minutes.