AFaIK [I've never used] the heavy lifting has already been done for the effect, from use of the debug-capable CLLE [ILE CL] programs [prior to the IBM i 7.1 support], using the Debug APIs:

http://iprodeveloper.com/rpg-programming/retrieve-source-ile-modules
Retrieve Source from ILE Modules
Aug. 31, 1997 Chris Stead | System iNEWS Magazine
(You can download NEWS/400 code from <http://www.as400network.com/code> as an AS/400 save file, as separate PC files, or as a PC source code "bundle" file.)
"If you've ever encountered AS/400 objects whose source code is missing, or you couldn't determine which version of the source code was actually running in production, you may find utility RtvSrc a useful little utility. For Integrated Language Environment (ILE) programs and service programs that contain debugging data, RtvSrc uses IBM-supplied debugging APIs to re-create original source code from the debugging data embedded in a program. While utility RtvSrc is useful, you should note that there's a significant "gotcha," which I describe later.
..."

Regards, Chuck