cache battery expiration

fixed

We have a IBMi 520 and the cache battery went through the normal warning process (90 days until doom, etc.) so the CE replaced the batteries in a timely fashion.

A few days ago we got the "serious hardware problem exists" message. The disks were running in a degraded state and, in SST, the cache batteries showed they were in "error condition".

My understanding is that there is are no sensors on the cache battery packs and that the expiration system is manual and lives independently on its own.

We are wondering if the replacement cache batteries actually failed or if the CE forgot to reset the "days to warning/expiration" data area in SST.

What gives here?

Jerry

Battery Information

Resource name . . . . . . . . . . . : DC01
Actual type-model . . . . . . . . . : 573D-001
Unit ID . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : U787F.001.DPM2TZD
Planar ID . . . . . . . . . . . . . : P1
Battery type . . . . . . . . . . . : Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH)
Battery state . . . . . . . . . . . : Error condition
Power-on time (days) . . . . . . . : 820
Adjusted power-on time (days) . . . : 1087
Estimated time to warning (days) . : 0
Estimated time to error (days) . . : 0
Concurrently maintainable :
battery pack . . . . . . . . . . .: No
Battery pack can be safely replaced : Yes