The IBM supplied MONUPSPWR CL is a UPS power management tool that can handle a PWRDWNSYS automatically depending on user supplied parameters:

&UPSTOT - Total UPS time available (seconds) */
&UPSMIN - If power loss for this time, do nothing (seconds) */
&UPSDWN - Time it taked to conduct a controlled shutdown (seconds) */

DCL VAR(&UPSTOT) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(6) VALUE(2700) /* 45 min */
DCL VAR(&UPSMIN) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(6) VALUE(300) /* 5 min */
DCL VAR(&UPSDWN) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(6) VALUE(1200) /* 20 min */

It monitors two CPF messages in an exclusive msgq:

VAR(&PWROF) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7) VALUE(CPF1816)
VAR(&PWRON) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7) VALUE(CPF1817)

In this way a brief fluctuation in power does not trigger a system shutdown.

Jerry