HMC OS upgrade - 740 to 770

fixed

To all,

I just completed an HMC OS upgrade, 740 SP2 to 770 SP 2.
The first upgrade failed, I tried using the images downloaded from IBM directly to HMC.
Something was either missing or one of the images was corrupted.
Did anyone ever have a successful upgrade from media downloaded from IBM to HMC.

As a back up solution, I burned the HMC recovery disks from my PC, these iso downloaded ok.
Followed section 2 of Scratch install of HMC from Recovery CDs.
Then Restore upgrade data from USB.

Everything back to normal, and upgraded to latest, 770 SP 2.
78 is out, but not recommended by HMC folks until next year.

Also applied latest firmware, AL 740 121, will be doing a platform IPL Monday night to apply all firmware.

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz
IBM i Systems Administrator