On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Mike Cunningham
<mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Not interested in moving aware from the Power platform but
consider moving to all java or java and C+ with maybe php

I don't mean to be pedantic, but you've made the same mistake twice
now, so perhaps you need a bit of education:

There is no (popular) language known as C+. There are C++ (pronounced
see-plus-plus) and C# (see-sharp).

C++ is the older of the two and is a massive extension of C. It's
best known for adding support for object-oriented programming to C,
but really it's as close to kitchen-sink as possible, while still
compiling most typical C programs as-is.

C# is the flagship language of Microsoft's .NET platform, which was
created to compete directly with Java. C# is similar in many ways to
Java, but most who are familiar with both languages consider C# to be
the nicer of the two. The major disadvantage C# has in relation to
Java is that C# can only be used where .NET can be used, which usually
means Windows. Java, on the other hand, is available for almost
anything.

The reason I'm telling you all this is that if you persist in
referring to some mythical C+ programming language, you will quickly
lose credibility among just about anyone in the computing industry.

John