Re: If everything is working fine, why do PTF's?

fixed

If your client is subject to PCI, then PCI pretty much mandates you keep
current...

PCI DSS Requirement 6.2
<...> Install critical security patches within one month of release.

I suppose if you really want to make the effort to pull out just the
integrity PTFs, you could get away with that. But much easier and
defensible to simply follow IBM's guidelines.

Charles