RE: If everything is working fine, why do PTF's?

fixed

On this note, perhaps it would all help, when we have to submit to an IT
audit that we encourage the auditing companies to enhance their scripts?
Suggest some things like:

DSPPTF. Record the value shown in "Release of base option" (ie V7R1M0).
Is this value currently supported (has not reached "End of Program
Support") as per:
http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/i/planning/upgrade/suptschedule.html

WRKPTFGRP PTFGRPLVL(*INSTALLED)
F11=Display descriptions
Record highest PTF group bearing the description "CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE":
F11=Display status
Record the "level" for this group
From the "Release of base option (ie V7R1M0) from above, remove the
letters and record it here (ie V7R1M0 becomes 710):
Append that to SF98 (ie SF98710). Look for that at:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.nsf/ALLPSPBYREL
Look for began shipping message. "Cumulative package C3298710 began
shipping worldwide: 15 Nov 2013."
Is our current CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE less than 6 months older than the
level shown at that website?
If the shipping date of the current cumulative package is 6 months or more
in the past are we at that level?