Thank you!

John McKee

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Document Number: 397926833
Functional Area: Electronic Service Agent
SubFunctional Area: General
SubSubFunctional Area: General
Product: OS/400 BASE (5722SS100)
Release: V5R3M0

Classification: Public Use

Document Title:V5R3M0 Service Agent Jobs
Document Description:
The following are descriptions of V5R3M0 Service Agent Jobs:

QS9PALMON - This job periodically monitors the product activity log for
errors. The start hour and analysis interval are set in GO SERVICE Option
1. PAL analysis will run 10 minutes after the hour. For example, 00 means
the start hour is at midnight, and the PAL analysis interval is 4 so it
will run at 00:10, 4:10, 8:10, 12:10, and 16:10 daily.

QS9PRBMON - This job analyzes problem log entries as they enter the
problem log (WRKPRB), and reports problems to the service provider when
necessary.

QS9AUTOPTF - This job uses ECS to order an informational APAR that
contains a list of PTFs deemed critical by IBM Service. After this list has
been downloaded, the system or logical partition is checked to determine if
the PTFs on the informational APAR list are on the system or not. If there
are PTFs that are on the list that are not on the system, a secondary PTF
order is created and sent to the service provider for those PTFs only. The
job runs weekly, but currently it only downloads the informational APAR
list every other week. For the weeks when the informational APAR list is
not downloaded, the job will simply end normally and take no action.

QS9AUTOTST - This job periodically sends a test problem to the service
provider using ECS. It runs weekly and when its interval is met, the job
will send the test problem. For the weeks when sending the test problem is
not done, the job will simply end normally and take no action.

Note: This does not use HTTP connectivity, due to the type of transaction
it only uses VPN connectivity.

QS9SACOL - This is a service information collection/transmission job. It
runs daily to collect and send the service information to IBM. If the
settings in GO SERVICE Option 1 for the Send time element of the Service
information parameter is set to *COLLECT, then QS9SACOL will do both the
collect and send. If the send time is not *COLLECT, then QS9SACOL will only
collect the service information and not send.

QS9SASND - This is a service information transmission job. It runs daily
to send the service information to IBM only if the send time is different
than *COLLECT, which is immediately after the collection time based on the
settings in GO SERVICE Option 1. If the settings in GO SERVICE Option 1 for
the Send time element of the Service information parameter is set to
*COLLECT, then this job is not needed and it will not exist. If the send
time is not *COLLECT, then QS9SASND will be scheduled and only send the
service information.

QSJHEARTBT - This job does a verification transaction to IBM to test the
service information connection configuration. The default is 7 days;
however, it can be changed in GO SERVICE Option 1 - Connection Verification
Timer. It can be changed from 1 through 21 days.