Re: Quick question about subfiles

fixed

One thought that occurred to me would be to display the excess length on
a second subfile record with the selection column field suppressed. Has
anybody done anything like that? Is there an easier way to accomplish
the desired goal?

That was the solution, and it was surprisingly easy to implement, requiring only that I add a hidden 128-character field to each record to hold the long name, and set an indicator up to apply "nondisplay" and "protected" to the selection column fields for overflow lines.

--
JHHL