They are MHxxxxx PTFs. Even with IPL restart type set to *SYS,according to
the help, firmware should be restarted. Only one partition. This is a 520.

John McKee

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM, DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When it says "SERVER IPL required" that means firmware was updated. So
that means shut down all other partitions (if they exist) and then do a
PWRDWNSYS RESTART(*YES) on this partition. That will then initiate a
'deep IPL' where the server itself will do PTF work.

Chances are the PTFs in question will be MHxxxxx numbers as those apply
to the firmware.

As for all those save files they are not cleared up by perm apply. They
may still be needed for other servers if you use management central to
distribute PTFs for example. If they are temp applied then they may be
needed for SAVSYSINF. You need to clean them up when you determine they
are no longer needed.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com