Re: QINTER job queue held

fixed

On 12/2/2013 11:22 AM, Gary Thompson wrote:
We are researching an issue that caused us some grief last Friday,
November 29th where job queue QINTER was held for some time.

Why would anyone be concerned about the QINTER job queue being held? Batch jobs shouldn't be submitted to the QINTER job queue.

A long time ago (a different lifetime, almost), I got in some hot water with the data entry manager because I put the QINTER job queue on hold. The data entry people were submitting their print jobs to QINTER because their jobs were far more important than anything else that was happening in the company <sarcasm implied/>.

I resolved the issue by giving the data entry department their own subsystem and job queue's, so they could get their print jobs done quickly without effecting the rest of the company.

david