On your SBMJOB, was the library noted only in the library list or was it
also part of some other job parameter, like default job queue? Let me
check...
CRTDUPOBJ OBJ(QDFTJOBD) FROMLIB(*LIBL) OBJTYPE(*JOBD) TOLIB(ROB)
NEWOBJ(PAUL)
CHGJOBD JOBD(ROB/PAUL) INLLIBL(QTEMP QGPL XRAYZULU)
dspjobd rob/paul, yep, it's there
SBMJOB CMD(DSPJOB OUTPUT(*PRINT)) JOBD(ROB/PAUL) INLLIBL(*JOBD)
CPF1153 - Library XRAYZULU not found.

CRTUSRPRF USRPRF(DUMMY) JOBD(ROB/PAUL)
Signed on as DUMMY.
Didn't 'notice' anything.
DSPJOBLOG
CPI146B - Library in initial library list not found.

Ok, we have a match. And the message is only in the joblog, not QSYSOPR
or DSPLOG.

Years ago everyone in the department used to tell me "you have to have
this library in your library list - it's the bee's knees". I said ok.
Then I was wiping a system for sale and I deleted the library. I could
not sign on to continue wiping the system. Never again have I put a user
library into my user id's job description.

So I could perform a DOS attack on all interactive users by renaming a
library in their initial library list (prior to 7.1)? Interesting. And
we used to do that by renaming their initial program. Which anyone
without limited capabilities can change by typing in QCMD in
"Program/procedure" on the initial signon screen. I often do that just to
get a big command line screen, especially when I don't want it to
autostart BPCS for me.

This being said, however, I did not submit this DCR.