Chuck,
It turns out that what he was calling an error code was actually a
status code. According to the operators manual, a status code of 3
means "Either a mechanical or electrical problem exist." The solution
is to "Go to the Problem Recovery Procedure in Chapter 6."

Given that he is in his 80's and just got out of the hospital, I think
we can overlook the confusion. ;-).

Thanks again for the help!

Terry Anderson

message: 4
date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:28:22 -0800
from: CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: IBM 5224 printer error codes