From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 7:10 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Fibre Channel Tape Sharing on Guest Partition

So, with VIOS, I could have one fiber card supporting multiple lpars, all
using the same card at the same time? I know that modern tape drives, with
modern attachments, often run faster than IBM i can drive them.
Assuming that the library has multiple drives (like ours does) at which
point can you start saying perhaps a second card is needed?

We will probably be going the VIOS route with our next hardware round
(probably 1Q 2014). We're just hoping to put it off until then.