I am following Dan Kimmel's suggestion to use the JTDS open-source-driver
for connections to MS Sequel Server.

I think I got a good download of jTDS from Sourceforge

I think my extract was Ok, and I see a bunch of files and folders
with same "Date Time mod" on my Win 7 laptop:

Files
CHANGELOG, jtds-1.3.1.jar, LICENSE, README, README.SSL
README.SSO, README.XA

Folders
x64
x86

Squirrel now runs very slowly and I can't select an
SQL statement to run ??
the cursor, in Squirrel, seems un-responsive and will
not allow a click on "run", etc

Have not yet been able to close Squirrel . . .