How are you compiling the command? Have you set ALLOW(*IPGM *BPGM) on CRTCMD?

On 11/14/2013 9:32 PM, Gary Thompson wrote:
We are stumped attempting to create a command which returns a value.

when we attempt to create the command, we
get compile errors:

* CPD0281 3700 30 RTNVAL(*YES) valid only in CL programs or REXX procedures.
* CPD0283 3700 10 Default value of null pointer assumed.
* CPD029D 3700 20 Parameter with KEYPARM(*YES) follows a parameter with KEYPARM(*NO).
KEYPARM(*NO) assumed.
* CPD029B 3700 20 Parameters with KEYPARM(*YES) found but no prompt override program specified.
KEYPARM(*NO) assumed.

So, is it the case that the command definition does NOT use RTNVAL, and
RTNVAL only applies to the command processing program ?