From: "Voris, John"
Date: 11/13/2013 03:34 PM
Subject: Submitted job "job name" default to program name

from: "Steinmetz, Paul"

Is there a way to have a submitted job "job name" to default to the
program name?

You did not specify if this was something a user submits or yourself while
you are testing. From the Agile school of thought, I look to create the simplest thing
that can work. And assuming this is being done by trusted individuals, PDM is an option.

WRKOBJPDM DEV '*PGMA*' . . . . or use WRKMBRPDM QCLSRC '*PGMA*' . . .
and your program will appear in the list.

Use F16 to create a mini-command "S" which is
Option Command
S sbmjob &n cmd(call &l/&n ) jobq(qpgmr) hold(*no) scddate(*current)
scdtime(*current)

The 3 keywords on the end are helpful should you wish to change these
keywords normally hidden on subsequent screens.

P.S.
All PDM shortcut mini-commands can be prompted using F4.
If you want the PDF mini-command to prompt every single time, insert a question-mark in front of the command, such as

S ?sbmjob &n cmd(call &l/&n ) jobq(qpgmr) hold(*no) scddate(*current)
scdtime(*current)

-JV