AFaIK the SQL Graphical Debugger is only for debug of routines written with the LANGUAGE SQL.

You have a non-SQL RPG program as an External program that implements the SQL UDTF [i.e. LANGUAGE RPGLE], not an SQL User Defined TABLE FUNCTION; i.e. CREATE FUNCTION (External Table) vs CREATE FUNCTION (SQL Table). Thus whatever debug feature and technique is used for debugging your RPGLE in a multi-threaded capable process should suffice.

For reference:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/db2/rbafzcftbe.htm
IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> Database -> Reference -> SQL reference -> Statements
_i CREATE FUNCTION (External Table) i_
"This CREATE FUNCTION (External Table) statement defines an external table function at the current server. The function returns a result table.

An external user-defined table function may be used in the FROM clause of a subselect, and returns a table to the subselect by returning one row each time it is invoked. ..."

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/db2/rbafzcftb.htm
IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> Database -> Reference -> SQL reference -> Statements
_i CREATE FUNCTION (SQL Table) i_
"This CREATE FUNCTION (SQL table) statement creates an SQL table function at the current server. The function returns a single result table. ..."

Regards, Chuck