Yeah my co-worker was trying to cram TWO parm arguments into ONE parm argument.

I should have noticed that right away.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian Johnson
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 3:38 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: battle with quotes in CL ---- round 2

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Stone, Joel <Joel.Stone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for all the supportive comments (except for Robs snide comment - what is that all about???)

I tried all the suggestions and none of them seem to work.

Your simplified example can be simplified to this:

PGM
dcl &libname *char 10 value( no_no_no )
DCL &OBJPARM *CHAR 30 value('/HOME/CONTRACTS')
sav dev('/QSYS.LIB/' |< &libname |< '.LIB' ) OBJ(&OBJPARM )
monmsg cpf0000
endpgm

Created with LOG(*YES)... here's the logged command:

400 - SAV DEV('/QSYS.LIB/NO_NO_NO.LIB') OBJ(('/HOME/CONTRACTS'))