Thank you for the information. I thought that the PCI ethernet cards for this old dinosaur were expensive, i had no idea they could be obtained so inexpensively! And of course, a real Ethernet card is much better than a Twinax/TCP solution. It was just what I had on hand. ;)

Not exactly great with hardware on these machines, so I hope you guys don’t mind but I copied the configuration into the bottom of this message. At least, I think I got what someone who is familiar with the machine would need to know to determine what Ethernet card will work in it!

Yours,
-Paul

The machine doesn’t have many cards in it but:

C03 has a 2749 card

C04 has a 2746 card

C05 has a card I could not identify. If you remove the side cover, the card in C05 has what looks like three SCSI ports on the top of the card, two of which are connected. The part of the card visible from the back of the machine when it is installed only has a small black tab on it.

C06 has a port with a a RJ like connector and a pseudo-scsi like connector. (Console?)

CEC01 9406-820 Operational Main Card Enclosure
PN01 247F Operational System Control Panel
MP01 244A-000 Operational System Processor Card
PV02 2395 Operational Processor Capacity Card
PV01 1523 Operational Interactive Card
SP01 282D Operational Service Processor Card
BCC01 Operational Bus Adapter
BCC02 282D Operational Bus Adapter
BCC03 282D Operational Bus Adapter
MS01 3002-000 Operational Next Level Main Storage
MS02 3002-000 Operational Next Level Main Storage
MS03 3002-000 Operational Next Level Main Storage
MS04 3002-000 Operational Next Level Main Storage
MS05 3004-000 Operational Next Level Main Storage
MS06 3004-000 Operational Next Level Main Storage
More…
MS07 3006-000 Operational Next Level Main Storage
MS08 3006-000 Operational Next Level Main Storage
CMB01 284C-001 Operational Combined function IOP
LIN01 2771-001 Operational Comm Adapter
CMN01 2771-001 Operational Comm Port
CMN02 2771-001 Operational Comm Port
CMB01 284C-001 Operational Combined function IOP
CTL01 2746-001 Operational Work Station Controller
DSP001 3476-0EA Operational Work Station Device
DSP003 5150-004 Not detected Work Station Device
DSP002 5150-004 Operational Work Station Device
CMB01 284C-001 Operational Combined function IOP
DC01 2748-001 Operational Storage Controller
DD004 6718-070 Operational Disk Unit
DD005 6718-074 Operational Disk Unit

DD006 6718-074 Operational Disk Unit
OPT01 6321-002 Operational Optical Storage Unit
D01 283F-001 Operational Device Services
DD002 6718-074 Operational Disk Unit
DD003 6718-074 Operational Disk Unit
DD008 6718-070 Operational Disk Unit
DD007 6717-050 Operational Disk Unit
DD009 6718-074 Operational Disk Unit
DD010 6718-074 Operational Disk Unit
D02 283F-001 Operational Device Services
DD011 6718-074 Operational Disk Unit
DD001 6718-074 Operational Disk Unit
DC02 2749-001 Operational Storage Controller
CMB02 268C-001 Operational Storage Controller
DC03 6B02-001 Operational Storage Controller