thanks Dawn...
it shows I have a DNS issue as well, (192.168.xxx.xxx192.168.yyy.yyy is an invalid ip address).
it stuck the two DNS servers I have identified in CHGTCPDMN together...
How have others identified multiple DNS servers???

On 11/4/2013 8:54 PM, Dawn May wrote:

There's a handy network health checker you can use to see if you have any
networking issues. It quickly identified the DNS configuration issue I had
on a test machine.

Read about it here -
http://ibmsystemsmag.blogs.com/i_can/2013/09/application-runtime-expert-network-health-checker.html

Dawn May

From: Jim Oberholtzer<midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 11/04/2013 09:33 AM
Subject: Re: IBM i Access for Web vs IBM Navigator for i

Nevertheless, it's a reasonable question. If there is an attempt to
communicate with IPV6, then significant CPU cycles may be expended to
detect and communicate with the network. It's best to turn off IPV6
unless it is properly configured and in use. Remember the defaults are
on, not off.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects