Jim,

I used to be a boss and had hired staff (system admin's) to do these types
of activities. Until last month, I had never laid hands on an HMC.

The two links below are what I used to find all the necessary pieces for
myself to successfully move a 7310-CR3 from V7R3.5 to V7R7.7 SP2.

I downloaded all necessary pieces to a windows 8 laptop, purchased a 5-pack
of DVD-RAM media from ebay, and used ImgBurn to create the media. Highly
educational, functional, and no issues. I am by no means an expert as
other are on this list. I had previously searched and read the archives
here to gain knowledge as well.

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/SLKBase.nsf/daf590f911a5b110862578a7000ac88d/47b71827e031a0ec86257b16004d90a3?OpenDocument
http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/firmware/readme?fixid=MH01343

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Jim Oberholtzer <