On 10/30/13 12:43 PM, Jeff Crosby wrote:

We had an issue recently about how a couple of prices got changed.
<<SNIP>> suggested a log file of changes. <<SNIP>>

The file is currently journaled, but that's not really what
journaling is for, IMO.

FWiW: The origin of the name for the object type *JRN, and the *JRNRCV into which /journaled changes/ are deposited, were conspicuously chosen for the definition of the term; i.e. indeed, that is a primary purpose of the journal feature, and this capability to journal changes is a pre-requisite for commitment control [aka isolation]:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/journal
" _journal_
noun
1. a daily record, as of occurrences, experiences, or observations: ..."

FWiW, see Compare Journal Images (CMPJRNIMG) command for a limited-feature reporting interface.