On 10/29/13 10:46 AM, J Franz wrote:
Our unprotected storage in WRKSYSSTS is normally in the
6,xxx - 9.xxx M range. Now it is 27,xxx M (in a 2540 G partition).
We had some recent SAVRSTLIB failures between partitions and I am
guessing it is the cause of the additional unprotected storage (but
don't really know).
Since system crossed over 90% used we'd like to get some of that
back. Other than ipl, how can I get unprotected storage down?
V6R1

The jobs performing the work for the SAVRSTLIB requests should be ended, to ensure that the temporary storage they know about and can destroy, will be cleaned up. AFaIK the ObjectConnect feature is implemented using the Save to Application (QaneSava) API, and thus ending whatever was the "prestart job running in the QSYSWRK subsystem" for each SAVRST* request; it not implicitly effected by the /failures/ of those requests. I expect that the PJ name from the quoted doc refers to, is the PJE QANEAGNT in the *SBSD QSYSWRK; i.e. ENDJOB of each job servicing a SAVRST* request could be done, or ENDPJ QSYSWRK PGM(QANEAGNT) to end them all; restarting them if\as required, with the equivalent STRPJ.