wrksyssts unprotected storage is big

fixed

Our unprotected storage in WRKSYSSTS is normally in the 6,xxx - 9.xxx M range.
Now it is 27,xxx M (in a 2540 G partition).
We had some recent SAVRSTLIB failures between partitions & I am guessing
it is the cause of the additional unprotected storage (but don't really know).
Since system crossed over 90% used we'd like to get some of that back.
Other than ipl, how can I get unprotected storage down?
V6R1
Jim Franz